Friday, September 3, 2004

My newest book

Today I got my two author's copies of Building a Cool House for Hot Times without Scorching the Pocketbook--a small thing, but mine own.  I continue working on promotion and wondering whether to buy freebies.  (I've read that it's something I should do.  One author even spent his advance on promotional freebies!) 

I've sent out press releases by e-mail and regular mail and flyers and personal notes and stopped strangers on the street...  I've had to take time from focusing on that to prepare for Hurricane Frances; and today I helped a neighbor board up her windows.  I'll finish our preparation tomorrow morning, and I hope to add at least one more entry then.  I'm hoping we don't lose power, the roof, ... 

 

4 comments:

shellys555 said...

Nice start, Joy. But no sidebar for links? I'm shocked! :) Remember, if you have questions re: how to do stuff, just ask and with luck, I'll be able to answer.

shellys555 said...

And that's great about the book, by the way. Congrats. :)

talilin said...

Congratulations on your new book--some good tips there--thanks.

mavarin said...

I will definitely be buying your book, Pag.  Congratulations again, and stay safe in the storm! - Karen