Friday, August 12, 2005

Building a Cool House...

I've lived in homes which include the projects in Tampa (before A/C), a college dorm in Oshkosh, apartments in Boston, and a variety of houses.  When the opportunity came to build my own home, I knew it'd be a challenge, but I'd have what I wanted.  Moving in before the house was finished gave me an on-site appreciation of the housing process.  In Building a Cool House for Hot Times without Scorching the Pocketbook, I share what I've learned about the thousands of decisions you need to make while building and keeping in your budget.  The book includes excerpts from my diary (I had a lot of time while sitting in a house with only a temp power pole), photos, my house plan (well, an architect helped), and what's involved in building your home from the planning to the punch list and beyond.  (There's always something you'll want to change.  Read my book and keep those changes to a minimum!)

No comments: