Thursday, November 24, 2005

Old house resources

Old-House Journal
A website and bi-monthly magazine that contain everything old-house owners need to know about caring for, living in and enjoying their old houses. 

Florida Victorian Architectural Antiques
Florida Victorian specializes in the salvage of antique building materials and old house parts including doors, windows, heartpine flooring, hardware, clawfoot bathtubs, old bricks and beams, mantels, doorknobs, nauticals, and movie & TV props.

The Renovator's Supply - Restoration Hardware-Plumbing-Lighting for Real estate development.
Restoration hardware, plumbing, lighting manufacturer.  Renovator's Supply online store & catalog serving you for generations

Van Dykes Restorers
We are the industry leader in antique furniture and vintage home restoration hardware and supplies - from solid oak furniture kits to fittings, hinges and restorative supplies. 

Preservation North Carolina Raleigh, NC  The mission of Preservation North Carolina is to protect and promote buildings, sites and landscapes important to the heritage of North Carolina.

I've read Old House Journal for years--great magazine with lots of resources.  I've been to Florida Victorian Architectural Antiques in DeLand--great selection.  I've bought a few things there, and I'd love to buy lots more!  I've bought things from Renovator's Supply catalog for years also.  I get the Van Dykes catalog, but I don't remember if I've bought anything from it.  I keep it on hand though.  Preservation North Carolina has a great selection of historical homes that I enjoyed looking at in their catalog.  There are lots more resources out there.  Houston has at least two preservation organizations; check your locality for possibilities.

 

No comments: