Sunday, February 19, 2006

Louisiana Creole Furniture

There's an interesting article, with photos, about Louisiana Creole style furniture in the April Early American Life.  Great historical background, and I was glad to see that most of New Orleans' historic sites and collections remain intact (see editorial: Rebuilding Our Legacy).  Be sure to check out the Sources sidebar.  And there's a book upcoming: Early Louisiana Furniture: The Colonial and Federal Periods, 1735-1835, by Jack D. Holden and H. Parrott Bacot, published by The Historic New Orleans Collection. 

2 comments:

talilin said...

It's good to know that many of New Orleans' historical sites have not all been destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.  

andrew1860 said...

I was able to save my collection of Louisiana Creole furniture, decorative arts and portraits from my French Quarter apt. I have been selling items off to live. I'm inerested in see the article about Louisiana Furniture.