Saturday, July 8, 2006

Boston memories

I lived in Boston for almost ten years; I started out in one room in an apartment.  My first real apartment was lost to urban renewal, and my second apartment was in a lovely old apartment building near The Fenway and Mass Ave.  I could walk downtown and visit the Boston Common and the Public Garden and watch the swan boats.  I was also within walking distance of the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum, Horticultural Hall, Symphony Hall, the public library, Prudential Center, and more.  I ate at the Ground Round, Ugi's (why don't I see that in the Spenser books anymore?), Casa Romero, the Far East, Brigham's, and The Mandarin Yen; and I shopped at Star Market.  I visited the historical sites too, including Old Ironsides.  I love Boston and New England. 

2 comments:

monponsett said...

I lied about my age to waitress at Brigham's one summer.

talilin said...

Boston is a great city to live in--modern but with a fantastic historical past that is never boring.