... the study gathered data from more than 30,000 consumers from the baby boom generation and older to gain insight into the housing preferences and home improvement needs among this audience, which includes more than 125 million Americans. ...
Key home improvement findings for consumers 50 and older include the following:
- Sixty percent expect to live in their current residence during the next five years.
- Almost two-thirds (65 percent) plan to remodel or improve their homes.
- Forty-two percent of all home improvement projects will be done by outside contractors.
- More than three-fourths (77 percent) believe how their home looks is an important part of who they are.
- A huge majority (73 percent) say the kitchen is the most important room for them.
For more on the study and a list of simple changes for easier living: News : Trends : 60% of Boomers Staying Put for Next Five Years : HGTVPro.com