Monday, April 28, 2008

Home products and decorating ideas

I came across an Elmira Stove Works ad in the May 2008 issue of Country Home.  I love that green fridge!  I see they make ranges, microwaves, and dishwashers too. 
 
A "green" suggestion from a Wal-Mart ad: Buy "transitional" cotton clothing to encourage farmers to switch to organic farming.  "Transitional" cotton is grown without harmful pesticides and fertilizers.  [I wonder why they call it transitional.]  Learn more about Earth-friendly products at walmart.com/green.
 
And here's a recycling idea: Katie Brown's kitchen island's cast iron sink is a salvaged baby's bathtub.  There are a number of other recycling ideas and articles in this issue.  And articles on gardens and bouquets in vintage vases and dishes.  Beautiful!  And the bird houses along the picket fence are eye-catching.  [I don't think you can do this along a sidewalk though.]
 
Here's a tip: Seal your grout with a silicone sealer as soon as the grout has cured.  I'm sorry we didn't do that.  Now we're looking for a linen or biscuit-colored grout paint.  All we've found is white. 

No comments: