Thursday, August 7, 2008

More home ideas

I came across some really fancy radiators--sculpture, art, and traditional--in the January/February 2008 issue of This Old House.  While the swirly wall sculpture was striking, Beaumont's Roccoco Classique traditional radiator (similar to what kept me warm in Boston) was beautiful.
 
Tom Silva has a piece on cabinet basics such as giving them enough support and recycling them via Habitat for Humanity's ReStores.  (I've donated old appliances and tile to them; they pick it up.)  There's also a photo spread of door knockers.  That pinecone looks uncomfortable. 
 
There are energy saving tips in this issue also, along with other helpful articles, including saving while you splurge.  I'll be ripping out the laminate buying guide.  I enjoyed the article, From Animal House to Our House (great use of font, btw); a couple restored--and I do mean restored--a Queen Anne rowhouse that a fraternity had trashed... 
 
Save this old house is a great idea for the last page of the magazine.  (I enjoy Haulin' House on HGTV.  I just wish they'd show the After part.)  Btw, I also enjoy the Old House Journal's Remuddling page at the end of their magazine.    

No comments: