Thursday, December 18, 2008

Storage solutions

The January 2009 issue of Country Living has some good ideas for storage. The Grassy Toothbrush Organizer by Umbra is certainly different. You stick your toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc. in the "grass." A small secretary desk is good for a laptop. An umbrella stand is good for rolls of wrapping paper. [My rolls are standing on the floor in the linen closet at the moment.] Hall trees are useful wherever you put them.

You can hang kitchen utensils and accessories on hooks in fabric bags, but I'd prefer them in a crock or where I could see them, but if you're short of room... And you can hang sponges, gloves, and plastic bags on clothespins with magnets on cupboard doors. (See page 28 on how to do that.)

There's an article on recipe booklet collecting in this issue too. I've always liked those old booklets--interesting graphics and colors. There're also articles on collecting presidential china, which is expensive, and recycling sweaters into felted totes. [That happened to one of my wool sweaters many years ago, but I didn't know what it was called or what I could do about it.]

And I have to mention the colorful, flowered, folding watering can. If it weren't identified, I never would have guessed what it is. I have no idea what the material is. (See unicahome.com.) There are more articles on silhouettes, food, makeovers, etc.

No comments: