Sunday, October 4, 2009

Recommended books

It's time to think about Christmas gifts. Here are a few I'm recommending--yes, including some of my books:

Man-Kzin Wars XII: I've been reading the Man-Kzin Wars series for a long time. The series was created by Larry Niven, but different authors have joined in. Man-Kzin Wars XII (Baen, 2009) contains six stories. My favorites are Aquila Advenio and String; Kzinti and humans team up and are lots of fun! (The Kzin started attacking, enslaving, and eating humans a long time ago.)

Fledgling (Baen, 2009), by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, is the latest Liaden universe book. (I love these stories and characters!) Check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/Fledgling-Liaden-Universe-Novel-Sharon/dp/1439132879/ref=pd_ys_qtk_fr_img...

The Solar Sea (LBF Books, 2008) by David Lee Summers, an astronomer, is available from amazon; I enjoyed the background on our solar system as the heroes explored it in this mystery/adventure. Check it out at: Amazon.com: The Solar Sea (9781897370834): David Lee Summers: Books

Why Won't Anyone Play with Me? is my children's picture book. You can find it at: Amazon.com: Why Won't Anyone Play with Me?: Books: Joy V. Smith

The new edition of my house book, Building a Cool House for Hot Times without Scorching the Pocketbook, has color photos, but finding that edition isn't easy. Here's a link with both editions on the publisher's website; the one on the left should be the new edition, but it's not in the description: Publish America - Publishing Writers' and Authors' Manuscripts

Aliens, Animals, and Adventure includes some of my stories (reprints). Browse the stories here: AnthologyBuilder: create your ideal anthology

And my audiobook of time travel tales, Sugar Time, is available from Hadrosaur Productions: Hadrosaur Audio Odysseys

No comments: