Sunday, November 22, 2009

Little Sarah

Another little orphaned squirrel immigrates to the cathedral oak! Little Sarah's foster mother brought her to live in our big back oak--and took lots of pictures, I'm told. (I just ran over from the neighbor's yard sale where I was working for a minute to welcome her--and put our dogs in the house. And you can't bark on the back porch either!) She was rescued from the mouth of her foster mother's dog when she was only the size of her thumb! I think she'll be happy here. I see the other squirrels frolicking in the trees and the yard, and we give them peanuts every day. Living on a wildlife habitat is fun. We haven't seen any foxes lately, btw, but the sandhill cranes are often in the front yard and there are herons fishing in the pond...

No comments: