I don't post recipes usually (this is the first time), but this is a family favorite, and it's Christmas:
Maine Shaker Lemon Pie
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 package piecrust mix
cream or milk
1. Slice lemons PAPER THIN, rind and all; SEED. Combine with sugar in a medium-size bowl; mix gently; cover. Let stand in refrigerator overnight.
2. Prepare piecrust mix following label directions. Roll out half to a 13 inch round on a lightly floured surface. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate.
3. Beat eggs in a medium-size bowl until frothy. Stir gently into lemon-sugar mixture. Spoon mixture into pastry-lined pie plate.
4. Roll out remaining pastry to an 11 inch round; cut an X in center to allow steam to escape. Fit over filling; turning back corners of the X. Trim edge to 1 inch. Pinch to make a stand-up edge; flute. Brush pastry with cream; sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake in a very hot oven (450 degrees) for 15 minutes. Lower heat to moderate (350 degrees). Bake 30 minutes longer or until pastry is golden brown.
For this recipe you can bake the lemon-egg-sugar mixture as a custard, without the piecrust, in a glass oven baking dish. And you can spray the baking dish with Pam w/flour to prevent sticking.
(This recipe is from Family Circle)