Saturday, January 9, 2010

Solar heating systems update

I saw an article in today's paper (by Chris Kahn, Associated Press) about new ways to afford solar power. There's leasing and buying in bulk (residents of the same town). As I sit feeling really chilly (the back porch sensor says it's 31 degrees outside), solar heating sounds like a good idea. We're expected to be in the low to mid 20s tonight, which is not something you expect in central Florida. And the freeze watch is supposed to continue through Monday morning. We covered the well tank and pump boxes with a couple blankets today, and when the temp hit 34 tonight, I started the kitchen faucet running. I don't want the pressure gauge to blow like it did a couple days ago after the last freeze. (The pump guys told me that dripping isn't enough.) We do have heat, but I need a blanket too! Stay warm, folks!

No comments: