Saturday, April 17, 2010

Decorating & entertaining ideas

There are some interesting ideas for entertaining in the May issue of Country Living. Use plant markers for identifying chunks of different cheeses; put silverware in small terra cotta pots marked with chalk for knives, forks, etc. And use the kitchen sink as a beverage cooler. Easy to get rid of the ice water afterwards.

I loved the beautiful selection of butter dishes, though I've never cared for the round ones. (I have glass and Fiestaware butter dishes myself; I think peacock is a new color.)

The Real Estate Sampler has impressive homes with wraparound porches; and there are some lovely restored homes, including one on Martha's Vineyard owned by Tony Shalhoub (Monk). And those fantastic desserts include Shaker Lemon Pie--which my sister's been making for years--and Mississippi Mud Pie and ... It's a good issue full of beautiful, delicious, and fun stuff.

No comments: