Thursday, September 2, 2010

Decorating, gardening, and entertaining ideas

Fall blooming perrenials include autumn sage and princess flower, and there are more suggestions in the September issue of Southern Living. I also learned about trailing pansies, Plentifall, in that issue--and that Spanish moss prefers oaks to pines. I already knew about pitcher plants because my sister had a collection of carnivorous plants in a terrarium.

I love some of the names of paint colors; there are always some new fun and beautiful names, but who'd have thought of Fresh Cut Grass?! This issue's collection of recipes includes Cream of Carrot soup (Not my favorite vegetable, btw.) and two Chicken Tetrazzini recipes. (I love a good casserole.)

And there's an article with ten ways to enhance your southern style. I see I'm off to a good start with stacks of books and well-worn pieces of furniture. (The dogs helped.) But most of my fresh flowers are outside.

Sparkle note: If you drag a treat from the box, and click on it again, Sparkle will jump up and catch it!

No comments: