Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pre-fab kitchen countertops

I learned today from this HGTVPro webpage that there are pre-fab kitchen countertops that are cheaper than regular granite countertops. I didn't know that! I'm thinking of ordering a granite countertop 'cause I learned that granite is cheaper now than Corian and Staron, which I'd planned to use in my new kitchen because I wanted an integral backsplash and drainboard. Check out this message board for more info: Granite Question - Topic Powered by Social Strata

2 comments:

hann said...

You could decide that you do not want to remodel your kitchen countertops, and would rather just focus on a particular part of it, such as your worktops or floor. Or you could go for redecorating the kitchen and see how this looks. I don know that you will ever be able to avoid this completely, but if you create an area for tools it will help a great deal.

Joy V. Smith said...

Thank you! Helpful info. I've been looking at the various options. Quartz and Silestone sound good to me, and I was also thinking of the boomerang pattern of Formica (very retro), but I learned that Charcoal Boomerang is the only option there now. And what happened to Confetti?!