Monday, September 12, 2011

Design Star finale

Tonight the two finalists on Design Star, Meg and Karl, were assigned the challenge of decorating the living rooms in two different brownstones in Harlem in NYC. Unlike most of these shows, I'll spare you the artificial suspense. Meg won. The colors and furnishings in her living room were lovely, and she replaced the curtains on a wall that pretended they were hiding a window. Instead she hung a mirror. When she first said she was going to do that, I thought, Oh, no. Not mirrors! But she found a mirror with lines that resembled a window. Perfect! Karl put architectural details in his room and great storage, but he decorated an old armoire with graffiti. Well, it looked better than I thought it would. Pretty nice, actually, but I wouldn't want it in my living room.

No comments: