Thursday, December 15, 2011

Decorating ideas

There are some lovely decorating ideas in the January issue of Southern Living. Pink is one of my favorite colors, though I made a mistake with the pink known to visitors and family as Bepto-Bismol pink. (I had it sponge painted white.) Heather Pink by Benjamin Moore (p 81) is much more subtle.

Another idea involving books (remember the woman who collected books with red covers?) has a blue and ivory-painted secretary full of books with blue covers (p 49). That is beautiful! The same home, however, has a room full of large patterned fabrics (duvet and pillows). Too big and busy.

Their recipe selection includes a meat loaf and mashed potatoes sandwich. Much as I love meat loaf and mashed potatoes, I don't want them combined--unless it's something like Shepherd's Pie.

Sparkle note: If you drag a treat from the box, and click on it again, Sparkle will jump up and catch it!

No comments: