Sunday, April 22, 2012

Home decorating ideas

[Intermission]  The May 2012 issue of Country Living has a variety of decor ideas and accessories; I liked the risers counting up from the number one--with brass house numbers (painted)--on an elegant wood stairway. And the pull-down map (possibly from a school) was impressive. Other ideas included using drop cloths from a hardware store for upholstering sofas and chairs. An interesting and different color combination was Salmon Peach (Benjamin Moore) with their Strawberry Shortcake glaze over it. Certainly not to everyone's taste. Speaking of which, the food section included a few pasta dishes.

Sparkle note: If you drag a treat from the box, and click on it again, Sparkle will jump up and catch it!

2 comments:

Inger said...

I must say I admire someone who can write this whole challenge in such short, concise, yet meaningful posts. That's a great skill to have. Some of mine are going on and on and I'm tired by now. I wanted to follow your blog, but your follow gadget didn't pop up, so I'll be back.

Joy V. Smith said...

Inger, Thank you! I tend to be succinct, but not always--and then I saw a note that said--Don't be too long. Okaaay. I can do that. I'm having a little trouble here myself. I hope it works for you... I'm trying to load a photo!