Friday, June 15, 2012

Libraries for your books and for display (link)

Here are some impressive libraries that may give you some ideas. I loved the antique map on the ceiling of one, but I'm afraid the gray and gold color scheme of another would require me to put book covers on my books; and for those who think libraries are boring, you can add a wine cellar and bar... There's a lot of elegance, opulence, and drama. I wonder if any of these libraries have tattered paperbacks and disintegrating hardcovers? OK, I confess that I don't have a library. I have bookcases scattered from one end of the house to the other--starting with the office, through the dining room and living room and into a bedroom. And there are stacks of books here and there that we're reading. But do browse for ideas you can use:
http://www.hgtv.com/specialty-rooms/12-dreamy-home-libraries/pictures/index.html?nl=HGI_061312_featlink2&sni_mid=44973&sni_rid=44973.324.2112875














No comments: