Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ideas, quizzes, and more in HGTV Magazine

The July/August issue of HGTV Magazine has lots of ideas and suggestions, but my two favorite pieces were the paint quiz, which included questions such as: How far should you dip your brush into the paint and Is plastic or canvas better for drop cloths? And what should you do with your paint brush if you're not finished with your painting project at the end of the day? I was surprised that they didn't inlcude wrapping it in aluminum foil and putting it in the freezer--a hint I came across long ago and have used for years.

The other fun idea was the quiz on whether a house was new or old. You lifted a flap to find the answer for each house. I confess that I was sometimes surprised.  (Those houses were probably remodeled. So there.).

No comments: