Saturday, October 12, 2013

Home decorating and entertaining


The November issue of Country Living includes panel screens, collectibles, Thanksgiving entertaining ideas (including paint sample colors placecards and labeled table runners), and home decorating suggestions--old and new can work well together (I'm glad they kept the original black and white checkerboard linoleum in the foyer).  And using a linen tablecloth as a coverlet is a cool idea.  Plus some of the best recipes I've seen in a while.  The Citrus-Cranberry Sauce (add grapefruit juice), Potato Gratin (rub the cooking dish with garlic first), and a Carmelized-Onion Galette (I think that's a tart) look and sound especially good.  The Spicy Pickled Green Beans (with dill) sounds good too.  'Course I love dill.  I must not forget the Sweet-Potato Spoon Bread with Caramel-Pecan Topping!  

No comments: