Friday, January 10, 2014

Toilet tidbits

I called the plumber this morning because a toilet was acting up--not stopping running and dripping in the tank now and then. Since we have company coming, I wanted to be sure there'd be no serious problems then... Anyway, I learned a few things that I'm going to share:

As the result of the lower amount of water (1.6 gallons) in the tanks today, solid waste is harder to move, and apparently they're going now from 1.6 gallons to 1.0! We may have to get the toilet with power flushing 'cause it breaks up the waste. (It's noisy too, btw.) It works with a bladder in the tank; I thought it required power from electricity and didn't want it 'cause I wanted to be able to flush if the power went out, but that's not a problem, I learned. So when we get a new toilet, which we don't need, it will have the power assist. (All the plumbers compliment us on the quality fo our toilets--American Standard and Kohler.)

Sparkle note: If you drag a treat from the box, and click on it again, Sparkle will jump up and catch it!

No comments: