Monday, February 24, 2014

Home and garden ideas

There are some great makeovers in the March issue of Southern Living. (I love those before and after pictures.) Yes, filling a niche with a bookcase is always a good idea.

The gardening section focuses on herbs and veggies, and the food section reminds me that I haven't had any gelatin salads and desserts for a while. We used to have corn and tomato aspic, as I recall. I'll have to look for canned tomato aspic next time I shop; the cucumber-tomato aspic sounds tangy. They've added some honey recipes also.

Speaking of shopping, I came across an article/ad in the travel section that was about Batch so I ordered the seasonal package (March, April, May); it's a surprise box of southern-sourced goodies. I love fun surprises; I'll have to share what was in each box when they arrive (first full week in the month). They only gave hints on their website: http://batchnashville.com/


Sparkle note: If you drag a treat from the box, and click on it again, Sparkle will jump up and catch it!

1 comment:

Joy V. Smith said...

I got my first Batch box today! The shortbread bites were delicious. There was also a package of jerky, which I passed on to someone else; and we'll use the Southern cornbread mix 'cause we keep Jiffy mix on hand. Oh, and there was a jar of spices, which we may use for a marinade, per their suggestion on one of the recipe cards. There were some blank recipe cards too, which I plan to use to recopy some old recipes that are barely legible...