Monday, February 17, 2014

Home decorating ideas

I found bright pink toilet paper in the March issue of HGTV Magazine--well, among other things. It comes in other colors too. I had thought that we weren't supposed to use colored paper products because of the dyes, but I guess, as with newspapers, they've fixed that problem. There's also a column on the time and tools needed to put furniture kits together. Been there, spent lots of hours on that. (Some parts are missing! Don't you just hate that?! But I discovered that it's a common problem; they usually send you the parts--screws, whatever--without any questions.)

The magazine's regular columns, such as How Bad Is It? are really helpful. Using wire hangers is Pretty Bad, btw. Oh, and I appreciated the What's the Difference page when I finally discovered the difference between a slow cooker and a Crock-Pot. (One has capital letters. Duh.) There are also good articles on organization and wall decor, home makeovers, house colors (exteriors), and more. I really appreciate this magaine.

No comments: