Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Decorating and entertaining

The October issue of Country Living has an article about how to use pumpkins for fall decorating; I especially like the pumpkin wrapped vertically with burlap ribbons.  (I didn't even know there were burlap ribbons.)  I also enjoyed the articles on downsizing while utilizing your collections and livening up a log cabin.  The article focusing on an all-white kitchen--it doesn't have to be boring--didn't convince me.

The food section focuses on hearty fall soups, but what got my attention was the grilled cheese croutons, though the Broccoli Florentine Bisque looked interesting. (The bowl helped.)  The spotlight--Portrait of America--on the country's largest drive-in diner, The Varsity in Georgia, makes you appreciate diners.

No comments: