Thursday, October 30, 2014

Science Fiction Consortium review

This anthology contains 10 stories by 9 authors, and they're all good (not always the case in an anthology), but I do have favorites:
 
Temporal Shift is a good time travel story; it incorporates history (9/11) and considers the dangers of changing the past--no matter how badly you want to.  Some of my favorite classic time travel stories do that.  I like the ending!
 
A Shepherd No More is good--and has a cool ending.  No peeking!
 
I really like The Destroyer of Syn.  I wondered how their lives would turn out--and if they would survive.  You'll have to read it to learn what obstacles our protagonists had to surmount...
 
The other stories vary quite a bit with their backgrounds and views of the present and future, and I enjoyed them all.  I think you'll enjoy them too, but some more than others, as I did.  Recommended--and I look forward to reading your reviews.
 
Note: One of the stories, Cold New Planet, is mine, but I haven't read it yet here...  

No comments: