Monday, March 16, 2015

Decorating and furnishing ideas

I enjoyed the make over articles in the April 2015 issue of HGTV Magazine; using the wasted space under stairways for bookcases and lockers is cool.  (I like the lockers tucked away against the side wall with the bookcases facing you.)  And the metal storage bench at the end of a bed is different though I'd prefer something softer...  A hanging fireplace is different too, though I miss the hearth.

I aways enjoy the What's the Difference and How Bad Is It columns.  So that's the difference between a loveseat and a settee!  I confess I thought they were the same.   Settees are less cushy and not as wide and may have exposed arms--or no arms.  I learned more about dryer sheets, among other things, also--such as Don't leave them stacked on the dryer.

No comments: