Friday, November 27, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ah, yes. the first of the holiday meals.  Are you tired of turkey yet? Our holiday meals usually include friends as guests; the number varies, but I need a leaf for our dining room table, which is one of our few family heirlooms.  It was handed down from my grandparents, and I believe it was a wedding gift, it is said to have had twelve leaves originally because it was used for meals for the threshers.

Our menu this year included turkey, stuffing, gravy, baked potatoes, green bean casserole, corn muffins, cranberry sauce (whole and jellied), and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. That's pretty much our usual menu, though I miss the baked squash, the Mandarin orange jello salad, and rolls--and pies would be nice for dessert, but we really need two ovens because we have to switch dishes in and out. Btw, I've heard that a variation on the green bean casserole includes bacon. Sounds good to me. 

2 comments:

Edmund Lester said...

Happy Thanksgiving Joy

Edmund Lester said...

Sorry I was a bit late - oops